Effective School–Community CollaborationUnion, District, and Community Leaders/Self-Paced
Effective School–Community Collaboration offers insights into the powerful effects of School-Community Collaboration and provides a framework for the development and implementation of collaborative programs.
Facilitating Effective Labor-Management TeamsUnion and District Leaders/Self-Paced
Facilitating Effective Labor-Management Teams provides an opportunity for participants to examine current research and implement dynamic ways to create effective labor-management teams.
Collaborative Problem Solving and ActionUnion and District Leaders / Facilitated Group
Collaborative Problem Solving and Action helps participants to increase the impact of their efforts to raise student achievement using labor-management collaboration.
National and International Forces Affecting Public EducationEducation Community / Facilitated Group
National and International Factors Affecting Public Education develops foundational knowledge of various national and international factors affecting education today
Federal and State Policy EnvironmentsEducation Community / Facilitated Group
A number of political interests, historical trends, and social forces shape U.S. education policy at the state and national levels. Federal and State Policy Environments helps participants develop foundational knowledge of the federal and state policy environment, and how that environment affects education today
- Issue Brief: Parent/Teacher Home Visits: Creating a Bridge between Parents and Teachers as Co-Educators in Springfield, MA and Seattle, WA
- Issue Brief: Peer Assistance and Review: All Teachers on the Road to Instructional Leadership in Columbus (OH) “100% Project Schools” (PDF)
- Pedro Noguera on “Leading New Opportunities to Learn”
- Michael Fullan on “Drivers of Whole System Reform
- Susan Moore Johnson on "peer assistance and review"
- Issue Brief: Unions, Districts, and Communities to the Table