This toolkit, targeted to NEA state affiliate associations, lays out the steps in establishing a foundation or strengthening an underutilized foundation. These foundations, like the NEA Foundation, are nonprofit organizations established by an affiliate, through which it conducts philanthropic and charitable activities. Download this free toolkit to explore resources and information for each phase of the process.
The NEA Foundation is proud of its long tradition of commissioning reports that focus on teachers and tools for improving teaching and learning.
Closing Gaps, Sustaining Change: Exploring the Impact of More Than a Decade of Collaboration covers the last 12 years of our Closing the Achievement Gaps Initiative to discover what we’ve learned about improving learning conditions for more than 200,000 students by supporting the collaborative efforts of union, district, and community teams in seven, participating school districts.
Organizing for Change: A Road Map for Organizational Transformation and Lessons Learned describes how state affiliates can play a critical role in supporting the union's engagement in professional advocacy. Mounting evidence shows that support on issues of teaching and learning is exactly what educators want and need from their unions. That’s why, for the past several years, the NEA Foundation has helped four state affiliates bring about transformational change in expanding professional advocacy.
- Education Associations: Organizational Change Driven by Students at the Center
- Teachers Unions: Strong Organizations Rising to the Challenge of 21st Century Teaching and Learning
- Unions Leading Innovation in the Use of Time
- Students Speak: Teachers in Lee County, FL Embrace Student Feedback to Improve Instruction
- Unions, Districts, and Communities to the Table in the NEA Foundation Closing the Achievement Gaps Initiative Sites
- High Performing School Systems to Close Achievement Gaps in NEA Foundation-Funded Communities
- Peer Assistance and Review: All Teachers on the Road to Instructional Leadership in Columbus (OH) “100% Project Schools”
- Harnessing the Potential of Innovative STEM Education Programs: Stories of Collaboration, Connectedness and Empowerment