The NEA Foundation is proud of its long tradition of commissioning reports that focus on teachers and tools for improving teaching and learning.
Latest issue briefs and reports
Teachers Unions: Strong Organizations Rising to the Challenge of 21st Century Teaching and Learning
This issue brief provides a point of departure for teacher union leaders and members to peer into and unpack union organizational development.
It is intended as a tool for self-assessing organizational capacity against an evolving landscape of educational reform at the local, state and national levels, and must consider, among other factors:
- union size and structure
- specific reform initiatives on which unions have or must henceforth be focused
- the sets of relationships they have or must cultivate
As we enter further into the 21st century, we are confident that the extent to which unions are able to initiate and/or actively participate in shaping the conditions that affect teaching quality” (Nina Bascia 2003) and the status of the profession of teaching writ large will continue to grow.
- High Performing School Systems to Close Achievement Gaps in NEA Foundation-Funded Communities
- Peer Assistance and Review: All Teachers on the Road to Instructional Leadership in Columbus (OH) “100% Project Schools”
- Harnessing the Potential of Innovative STEM Education Programs: Stories of Collaboration, Connectedness and Empowerment
- Expanding Learning Opportunities to Close the Achievement Gaps: Lessons from Union-District Collaboration
- Parent/Teacher Home Visits: Creating a Bridge between Parents and Teachers as Co-Educators in Springfield, MA and Seattle, WA
- Human Capital: Unions and School Districts Collaborating To Close Achievement Gaps
Past issue briefs and reports
- Reducing the Achievement Gap through District/Union Collaboration: The Tale of Two School Districts
- Connecting the Bits
- Creating a Teacher Mentoring Program
- Creating Teacher-Led Professional Development Centers
- Engaging Public Support for Teachers
- Using Data about Classroom Practice and Student Work to Improve Professional Development for Educators
- Using Data to Improve Teacher Induction Programs
Walter Dean Myers and Christopher Myers
Download free global lesson plan
What is a Global Learning Fellow?
By June 1, 2015
Global Education: Tools & Approaches
Why use the NEA Foundation courses?