The grant amounts available are $2,000 and $5,000. Deadlines for applications are due February 1, June 1, and October 15.
All applicants must be current members of the National Education Association.
Grant funds may be used for resource materials, supplies, equipment, transportation, technology, or scholars-in-residence. Although some funds may be used to support the professional development necessary to implement the project, the majority of grant funds must be spent on materials or educational experiences for students.
Grant funds may not be used to:
- Support after-school, weekend, or summer programs:
- Pay indirect costs, grant administration fees, or salaries;
- Pay stipends to the applicants;
- Support conference fees for more than one person.
- Lobbying or religious purposes
*Identical applications will not be considered
Deadlines and Notification Dates
Applications may be submitted at any time. Applications are reviewed three times per year, every year.
- Application Received by: February 1 Notification By: April 15
- Application Received by: June 1 Notification By: September 15
- Application Received by: October 15 Notification By: January 15
Please give careful attention to the timeline of your grant. Applications that include activities scheduled prior to the date of notification will not be considered. All grant applicants will be notified in writing. Please do not contact the Foundation regarding the status of your application prior to the notification date.
Grants will fund activities for 12 months from the date of the award.
* Administrators may not apply for Student Achievement Grants, nor may they act as the partner applicant. Employees, members of the board of directors, and immediate family members of the staff and board of the NEA Foundation are not eligible to receive grants. Employees of the National Education Association are not eligible to receive grants.