Final Report Guidelines
The report must include three basic parts: 1) a narrative of your accomplishments, 2) a financial accounting of expenditures, and 3) a collection of additional learning materials. Please address in your report all of the items listed below. Failure to submit this report will make you and your partner(s) ineligible to receive a grant from the NEA Foundation in the future.
- Approximately how many students directly benefitted from this project?
- How many educators were directly involved in this project?
- What were the measurable goals for your Student Achievement Grant? Did you modify those goals? If so, why?
- What did students learn from the project? Describe how you evaluated the student outcomes.
- Describe other major results of the grant.
- What do you consider the most successful aspects of the project? If barriers arose, please describe them and the actions you took to address them.
- How have you extended your project to faculty and students beyond your own classroom or courses and what have been the results?
- How has this project strengthened the overall curriculum?
- Have you encouraged your colleagues to apply for a Student Achievement Grant?
- (Optional) Please provide any suggestions you may have for the NEA Foundation’s future design of the Student Achievement Grants.
Learning & Leadership Narrative
- How many educators directly benefitted from the professional learning within the duration of this project?
- Approximately how many students directly benefitted from the professional learning within the duration of this project?
- What was your greatest accomplishment?
- What are the lasting results of your work, both anticipated and unanticipated? Consider specifically any effects on student achievement and on your practice.
- What was the reaction of your colleagues, students, and others to your activities?
- What kinds of challenges did you encounter in the course of the work, and how did you address and/or resolve them?
- What would you have done differently?
- Have you encouraged your colleagues to apply for a Learning & Leadership Grant?
- (Optional) Please provide any suggestions you may have for the NEA Foundation’s future design of the Learning & Leadership Grants.
- In a Word, Excel, or PDF attachment, provide a description of each expense, the amount expended on each item, and the amount and source of any matching funds.
- All Student Achievement Grant recipients are required to send at least five (5) student thank you notes. The letters will be used to highlight your work in NEA Foundation outreach and communications efforts.
- We strongly consider all grantees to include multimedia materials that correspond with the grant project. Videos, photos, PowerPoint presentations, audio recordings, etc. are welcome. These materials may be submitted as attachments (there is a 10 MB limit to these attachments) or may be emailed or mailed to the NEA Foundation’s Grants Manager.
- Your final report should also include copies of any materials developed in connection with the grant project (e.g. lesson plans, presentation handouts, examples of student work, etc.) and any press clippings you may have gathered. You may email or mail these materials to the NEA Foundation’s Grants Manager.