NEA Foundation Salute to Excellence in Education Gala
The NEA Foundation looks forward to celebrating exceptional educators and the many friends of public education on February 11, 2022, at the NEA Foundation Salute to Excellence in Education Gala! This year, we are proud to present the Salute to Excellence in Education as an in-person and virtual experience.
This year 45 educators will be honored as California Casualty awardees. Five educators will be honored as Horace Mann awardees and one educator will be named at the gala as the NEA Member Benefits awardee. To learn more about the 2022 awardees, click here.
What to Expect at the In-person Gala
In the interest of the health and safety of all Gala guests, the following precautions will be in place for the 2022 in-person Gala:
- Guests attending the 2022 NEA Foundation Salute to Excellence in Education Gala in-person will be required to show proof either of full vaccination or, for those not vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry to the Gala venue.
- Proof of vaccination can be your physical vaccine card or a photo of your card.
- For those not vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR laboratory test taken within 48 hours of the event will be accepted.
- Masks will be required indoors when guests are not actively eating or drinking.
- Attendance is being capped to promote distancing between groups, and there will be a limit of eight guests per table.
- The venue will employ COVID-19 cleaning protocols.
- All attendees will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability.
In-person Gala guest attendance and protocols are based on the health and gathering restrictions prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and DC Government and those required by our Gala venue. As warranted, these also are subject to change.