The widespread and disparate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the need to reimagine education in ways that address educational inequity, meet the needs of the whole child, and prepare all students to thrive in an ever-changing world.
The NEA Foundation wants to ensure that educators are at the center of this reimagining.
In particular, the NEA Foundation wants to ensure that educators have opportunities to lead in an equity-focused reimagining of public education, encouraging students’ love of learning, and the best possible educational experience for every child.
Beginning in April 2021, the Foundation will offer a new grant program and funding opportunity, enabling educators across the country to:
- Build on your knowledge of “what works” to support the whole child and bring out students' best;
- Test creative new ideas and innovations in the classroom and beyond;
- Implement your dream project, demonstrating exemplary teaching and learning;
- Support students’ project-based learning, advancing cultural understanding and appreciation, and/or an understanding of civic engagement and democracy.
The deadline to apply is June 1, 2021.
Envision Equity Grants enable educators to test creative new ideas and innovations, demonstrating exemplary teaching and learning. They also support project-based learning and help educators to advance students' cultural understanding and appreciation, anti-racism commitments, and understanding of civic engagement and democracy.
Examples of possible uses of funds (this is not an exhaustive or prescriptive list):
- Bring trainers to your school to support culturally-sustaining teaching and learning;
- Purchase and implement new social and emotional learning curriculum materials;
- Pay for supplies to implement project-based learning, addressing a real-world challenge;
- Develop stronger education-focused family, school, and community partnerships;
- Gain access to resources that can help to deepen students’ understanding of racial equity and anti-racist commitments and actions;
- Implement projects elevating student voice and supporting students’ engagement in civic and community life.
Application Period: April 26-June 1, 2021
Notifications: August 1, 2021
Application Period: June 2-October 15, 2021
2021 Notifications: December 15, 2021
If you want to be notified about funding by August 1, then we must receive your application by midnight EST on June 1. If we receive your application on June 2 or later, we’ll hold it for the next round with notification by December 15.
Ready to Apply
Click here to apply for an Envision Equity grant.